Give your campaign a Web address
Give you campaign its own address - getting your own domain
Buying a domain name
1. Go to www.123reg.co.uk and click the “Sign Up” Button at the top of the page
2. Fill in your details (including a valid email address), check the box to confirm you have read, understood, and accept the terms and conditions and click “Proceed to next step”
3. Your username and password will then be emailed to you
4. Once you have your username and password, go to www.123reg.co.uk, click the “Log in to your control panel” button at the top of the page and log in using your details
5. Fill in the domain name you want into the “Domain Search” box on the right hand side. Remember to keep it short and memorable.
6. You will be taken to a page with various domains you can register. Tick the one(s) you want and untick the ones you don’t want.
7. Click the “Add to Basket” button, check that the domains you want are in the basket and click “Ok, let’s continue”
8. You’ll now be taken to a page to buy “WHOIS privacy”. Whenever you register domain that ends in .com .net .org .cc .me .tv .info .biz .mobi .tel or .co, your details are published onlinevia the WHOIS database. This includes your name, address, email and phone number. If you don’t want these details published, you can add “WHOIS privacy” to your basket on this page.
9. Once you’ve added WHOIS privacy to your basket (or not), click “Ok, let’s continue”
10. You’ll now be taken to a page where you can add a variety of “Extras” to your basket. You can choose to add a variety of additional purchases to your order here. These are not required to hook up a domain to your Campaign Engine Room campaign. Once you’re done here, click “Ok, let’s continue”
11. The site will then ask you for details. Click “Sign In” and your details will automatically appear. Click “Continue to Payment”
12. Fill in your payment details, click purchase and you’re done!
Directing your domain to your campaign
1. Log in to your 123reg account
2. Scroll down, select the domain in question from the drop down menu and click “Manage”
3. Click “Web Forwarding”
4. Select “Framed Web Forwarding”
5. Fill in the url you want to forward your domain on to (http://www.campaignengineroom.org.uk/your-campaign-address )
6. Click “Update Web Forwarding” and you’re done!